Saturday, June 14, 2008

I'm Being Followed By A Moonflower

Why o why do I sing the Cat Stevens song "I'm Being Followed By A Moonshadow" when I think of the Moonflowers? Dis I ponder. This year I potted two Moonflowers for the patio. I had one a few years ago and it grew a tad wild reaching 10' wound around a post. Happening upon them at a local nursery this year I just had to bring a few home.
Planted in full compost these are growing rapidly and blooming ever so nice. The name suits them. Huge white trumpet flowers open as the sun sets. Their fragrance sweetens the warm night air. As soleil wakes they fall asleep, resting til the eve. One might call them beacons for the froggies as they hop about when all else sleeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. I know you've popped by :)