Monday, June 30, 2008

That'll Teach Em

I saw the darndest thing today.

The den windows were open wide and I heard nails against glass. Peering out and up I saw a young Blue Jay munching on what I thought was a moth. Now moths don't usually come out during the day so I looked closer.

Before I could get a better look, up Jay flew and out of site. Smack down he came landing on the window frame. Up again he went and down he soon came. I pondered and thought something was amiss so out I went.

Slowly I moved round the corner of the house and looked way up. In the gable was a tattered wasp nest with a few displaced wasps darting about. Aha! It wasn't a moth but a piece of the nest he had in his mouth.

Those wasps must have ticked Jay off so what better revenge then to tear apart their home.

I never know what's going to happen next at The Pond.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. I know you've popped by :)