Saturday, September 13, 2008

Look Up Look Up, Le Harvest Moon

Mmmmm, the Harvest Moon nears. A moon I always search for thru the clouds and darkness. For most it means the end of summer which is true in a sense but it also heralds colours of such vividness. Hhmmm, is that a word? Tis now :D. I love Autumn not just for the colours but the smells, sounds, the crisp warmth.

A finer day I not know then to walk thru sun filled woods crunching leaves underfoot while looking up and feeling the warmth of colour. The reds, magentas, purples, gold, yellows, mmmmm. They swallow you, warm you, protect you. Scents of dried leaves, pots of chili sauce slowing stewing, the dampness of moss. This is Mother Nature singing her swan song.

Harvest Moon brings to mind one of those songs that will ever remain with you. There is something about the words that make me sway, smile and giggle. No one sings it better then Neil Young.

But there's a full moon risin'
Let's go dancin' in the light
We know where the music's playin'
Let's go out and feel the night.

Because I'm still in love with you
I want to see you dance again
Because I'm still in love with you
On this harvest moon.


Uh hunh, those are the words, feelings, thoughts. Such softness yet no beating around the bush, hehehe. Much like the Harvest Moon. She will shine large and bright. Her regal red shines upon us all.

6 comments:

  1. Hhmmm .. ye est on walk throuest thy forests o grandure, on harvest moon and leave(s) .....

    Breaking into song ~ "But there's a full moon risin'
    Let's go dancin' in the light
    We know where the music's playin'
    Let's go out and feel the night !!!"


    ba dum bump

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... and I am confused by your last comment, but then again, when am I not !!

    he hee

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehehehe, San is master in Japanese, kinda sorta and with those moves, ahhh yesaaaa, hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. well no wonder!

    I will have a grilled SAN Wich then ... HIII YAH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. a time of year I enjoy before battening down the hatches..:)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. I figured this out now . I've nothing profound to say except:
    A ponder is a thought and when you write it down then it allows everyone else a chance to ponder it also thank you hehe!!!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. I know you've popped by :)