Monday, April 20, 2015

This is Petunia


This is Petunia.  She lives here now, well, maybe, kinda sorta.


Friday past I watched the dance of the rascally and randy rabbits. Two males sparred for her attention, bouncing off the fence, the stone wall, the gate; and literally tore up the beds in their battle royale to win her hand, paw, while she sat quite comfortably in an euonymus happily trimming the plant for me.  Wasn't that sweet of her.  Her attitude towards the lads was “meh, me needs food first” and rarely glanced at the joust.

I haven't seen any of them since, but that doesn't mean they aren't around.  As I turned the bed on Saturday I found a comfy looking nest of bunny fur.  So either one of the lads got a bit rough or she decided this was a perfect place to raise wee baby bunnies.  And that in itself would be interesting.  I'm already having visions of the babies and the frogs playing Marco Polo in The Pond.  Time will tell ;)

5 comments:

Don't be shy. I know you've popped by :)