Monday, June 17, 2024

An Honour

I received an invitation to my Towns’ Volunteer Appreciation soiree. This was in appreciation for my horticultural work at a designated National Historical property in this town. I was shocked and honoured to be recognized.

It was a grand affair taking place in a glass enclosed building along the river, while we were under a Tornado warning. Good times with an edge to it.

A delicious meal was served, prepared by Town staff; followed with speeches by Town officials, gifts and live music made for a wonderful afternoon.

My enjoyment was meeting so many volunteers from various organizations. The one thing we had in common was donating our knowledge, experience, and time assisting this Town to make it a better place to live. Volunteering is the best gig.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. I know you've popped by :)