Friday, December 12, 2008

Frosty Full Moon

The day burrowed
under its warm blanket &
I too was wrapped and waiting.

Slowly its glow peaked
over the river thru clouds
as a child playing hide and seek.

Its hue of peach
transformed jagged ice
into shimmering crystals.

As it rose higher
its hue slowly lost
becoming whiter then the snow.

Blinding brilliance
shone upon the landscape
creating shadows naught seen in a year.

The Frosty Full Moon
illuminates the night
while I settle watching no longer waiting.

8 comments:

  1. I shall throw an extra blanket on tonight..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's very beautiful, Pond Dweller :) Moody...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cheryl, I loved it. Waiting each day for the sun to rise is something I do every single day of the year, it is exciting every time, with *blinding brilliance*. You have captured the feeling perfectly.
    Frances

    ReplyDelete
  4. Strike that, I was speaking of the moon metaphorically, full moon like the sun.....sheeeesh

    Frances

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some great lines. Especially like: 'Blinding brilliance...' - what a beauty! I'll def pop back in. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. was a chilly night confused and now it rains :(

    thank you Braja, the moon was gorgeous !

    happy you enjoyed it Frances, I'm a sky watcher from way back :)

    welcome to The Pond Cath, I'm enjoying your writing as well


    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful word picture Cheryl ...
    Cheers
    June in Oz

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. I know you've popped by :)