Sunday, November 16, 2008

As Darkness Plays With Us

Darkness wraps her cloak early
extinguishing the flame of day
as mortals blow out a candles’ wick.

Night is silent & calm, to calm
for the chill seeps in causing
our very souls to shudder.

Darkness falls over the land
night, day, is there a fine line
during this season of silence.

Vacant landscape void of colour
surrounds us with no escape
til the legions march in Spring.

Darkness plays with us
daring our souls to best her
& we shall for there is light after all.

4 comments:

  1. May I say how much I enjoyed your poetry and your blog? I shall return ...
    I write too and live in Australia.
    Thanks for having me.
    June

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm flattered, thank you. I've added you to Fellow Ponderers :)
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the other reasons I hate Winter, leave in the dark, arrive home in the dark, ughhh Speedy

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. I know you've popped by :)