Thursday, February 19, 2009

Nibblies

Well well well, I came across an article the other day about the latest rage Fish Pedicures. Uh Hunh you read that right. You sit with your feet in a tank of warm water and these widdle fishies, Garra Rufa’s to be exact, gnaw the dead skin of your feet. Hhhmmm, just the fact they do this makes me say ewwwwwww.

Whatever happened to the good ole days of scrubbing yer tootsies with a loofa or worser, those metal mandolins shredding your feet raw. So raw you slather them in lotion and build up even more dead cells to slice off next time.

However ! We are part of the animal kingdom and look at others who do the same. Birds remove ticks from giraffes and elephants; suckers remove ummm whatever from whales. If it works for them it’ll work for me.

Just the thought of dangling the tootsies in warm water at the end of a long day, goblet nearby, and allowing fishies to tenderly kiss em, mmmmm. Me thinks this may be nirvana. Okies, reality check they aren’t kissing them but it does sounds nicer.

I’m pondering if froggies would do the same as I relax in The Pond…

9 comments:

  1. I think frogs have more taste Ponder ...
    June in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me think of my mother. We spent summer at my grandparents' cabin and we swam in the pond all summer. My mother wouldn't go in unless she had sneakers on because she didn't like the feel of the little fish at her feet...Thanks for reminding me of good times as a child...Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwwwwww June, you haven't had froggie kissies :D Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. o Michelle, too true. Youth spent frolicking at the ole fishing hole always watching for the King of Snapping Turtles to snip our toes off. That's why we waded far away from the rocks, into the clear water and wiggled the tootsies saying "here fishie fishes" :) Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eeeyk... I don’t like the idea of fish nibbling my feet (lol)! Thanks for swinging by and reading some of my recent posts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They be fishies kishies, hehehe and so much fun! Great writings Cath :) Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is weird...never heard of it until now....hmmm, I'll pass, thanks =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not sure if the fish would survive with my feet. Now I'm sitting here, wondering just what that would feel like, does it tickle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well unless they're piranha's there is no need to worry about loosing parts of yer feets, hehehe. I like to think of them as fishie kissies :) Cheryl

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. I know you've popped by :)