Saturday, December 31, 2022

New Years Eve 2022

Tis a quiet eve with monsoon rains falling,

dissipating the two feet of snow

that covered the landscape earlier this week.


Exterior Christmas lights extinguished,

I wonder why as the Christmas season continues

but to each ones own. My tree still glows.


Christmas cookies have been gifted to friends:

tins filled with Cherry Winks; Chocolate and Pecan Shorts;

Ginger Snaps; and Raspberry and Coconut Squares.


Rains have laden the garden bare of cover,

a cover needed but for now with warm temperatures

my fingers are crossed for its health come spring.


A Christmas gift to meself lays waiting for opening.

Another six books are piled on top of two dozen

awaiting to be cracked and read once night falls.


The History of the Lost Gutenberg is calling to me,

yet I need to finish one I began reading two months past.

The temptation to book mark is great, however...


My history, my paternal family research surprises me

with every twig I find them in West Canada and US,

always seeking employment and resettlement.


My voice, o my voice has returned with training

once having perfect pitch, somehow it had faded

but now I’m thrilled with its return, sing on!


As I surround meself with serenity of sound

and look out at the fog shrouded night

I give thanks for another year of love and light.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. I know you've popped by :)