Friday, March 03, 2023

Chippies's presence

 

A sunny morning with a chilly temp of -16C

I completed errands before the storm.

Looking out the window I spied a creature

on the veranda railing, hhmmm,

too small for a resident squirrel

and too large for a deer mouse,

I opened the window sheers for a better look.

Well, well, well, what are YOU doing

perched outside looking at me.” I said.

When she saw me mouthing words

she stood on hind legs and stared

as I rapped on the glass saying

no no no, tis too early for you to be out and about,

go back to bed and I’ll see you in a couple of months.”

Shortly after she scurried down the trellis

and with one last look back she disappeared

to the safety under the veranda.

I sighed and shook my head feeling

she was making sure that her human

was still living in our home and a reminder

to buy peanuts when Chippie returns in spring.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. I know you've popped by :)