Friday, June 30, 2023

Firey Rant

The air reeks of burning wood, in fact that’s exactly what it is. Forest fires still ravage the great northern forests and there is no end in site. There won’t be anytime soon as most provincial governments slashed funding for men and women who dedicate their lives to fighting those fires. We now depend on countries circling the globe to come to our aid. Bless their souls.

Tonight’s moon is orange when it should be bright white. Our air has been overcast for days, again, with an air quality alert. Walkers, runners and even the multitude of dog walkers in the park have become non-existent this week. Most have sought the safety of their homes becoming mushrooms. Songbirds have left seeking refuge in the country with its abundance of tree’s and lakes. It’s unreal to me having to mask up when I go outside to tend the garden. Water, weed and feed, and then I return to the safety of my home.

When will the powers to be realize our planet is burning. I don’t see it in the near future and feel for next generations when they are left to fight this destruction due to mans insensitivity, greed, and disrespect for the now. Heaven help them.



4 comments:

  1. Hello there Cheryl ;-) I think we all need to have that firey rant, so get it off your chest !
    John and I just said yesterday that the country is literally on fire (as the world is) and there is no path way out right now. It is overwhelming to think of.
    Thank you so much for your comments and I googled the golden columbine .. wow ! I hadn't heard of it before, I wonder why. It is gorgeous looking and if it is a repeat bloomer all the better. I'll keep an eye out but selection this year has been rather slim. I did an order from Ontario Natives for the first time and that was great. I've been away because of complications with my RA treatment and a torn meniscus in my left knee. Talk about frustrating. No gardening and no yoga which are my two staples that keep me some what sane in life. It could always be worse right ? LOL .. It seems you are getting the brunt of the smoke, I'm so sorry. I am jealous of you seeing an orange moon, I know the circumstances are terrible .. but a photo would be amazing because it is a super moon for a couple of nights now. We have overcast days and nights here so no chance f even seeing that. If only we could all use the power of thought for rain and beating back the fires.
    In the mean time look after yourself and try to enjoy your garden when you can get in it !
    Thanks for dropping by ;-)
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joy! I hope you heal well and soon. Just when we're in our prime full of vim and vinegar, shite happens. Arghhh. I hate to see our world afire, it does not bode well for the future and those who can control it have this pfff attitude. I will send the the links to where I found the Golden Columbine. It would grow well in your garden! Take good care, Cheryl :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you for stopping by again ; 0
    I smashed my right shoulder into my night stand and fractured my humerus so typing is a struggle now ... but I have that yellow columbine on my wish list for sure .. 2024 !!!! so thanks for the heads up !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeepers Joy, you are having your troubles. I hope you heal well and soon. I highly recommend the nursery near Middleville. That woman knows her stuff! Do take great care. :)

      Delete

Don't be shy. I know you've popped by :)