Saturday, October 28, 2023

Bye Bye my Beautiful Begonia's

 



A task I always detest is to clean out the pots overflowing with bounteous, beautiful begonia’s before the first hard frost. It is heart breaking as they had weeks of blooming left though the forecast is a sad one. ~sigh~

Pots were emptied and scrubbed to spend the winter in the basement. Blooms were cut and arranged in a final bouquet; a homage to their beauty that always brought a smile to my face when I stepped onto the veranda. Sweet yellow, fuchsia, red and orange blooms may have lasted a few days, the longer the better but gardeners know better.

Au revoir my sweet flowers. Thank you for your colourful blooms this summer. They were very much appreciated in such a hellish year.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. I know you've popped by :)