Saturday, July 15, 2023

Fire Flies

Another hot and humid night suffocates this area.  Windows are closed and C/A blasts cooling the house and myself.  Just once, one night, do I wish for a pleasant evening to sit out and enjoy my surroundings.

At last it is time, 9 p.m., and I open the patio door seeking the light show.  I am soon not disappointed.  From the garden blinking lights begin to ascend.  Slowly they move through the plantings, back and forth.  Not attracting attention from the fairer sex they float upwards, along shrub tops, back and forth. 

With a sigh I watch these magical creatures gain height, upwards into tree branches.  Sadly they are soon out of sight while seeking their love of the night.

I wish them well, those wonderous creatures of the night, and silently thank them for the reminder that nature is dazzling even in darkness.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. I know you've popped by :)