Saturday, April 29, 2023

Spring forth


Rains have come, not torrential,

just gentle drops saturating the soil

encouraging spring plants

to turn a verdant green

bringing life to the garden.


Buds on trees and shrubs that

will soon unfurl when sun arrives

and waves Hello! I am here

to welcome you once more.


Scillia’s have faded now to feed

its bulbs for next years carpet of blue,

as have Blood Root petals,

its leaves expanding for the summer.


Yellow Trout Lily’s are slowly blooming,

their delicate blossoms holding steady

despite the chill, allowing them to last longer.


Daffy’s already in bloom in my garden,

as well in drifts planted by the County

along well travelled roads, make me smile.


Twolips are up, stalks leaf wrapped

and buds ready to release their

petals of brilliant pinks and saffron colours,

gifting such needed highlights to the garden.


In less trodden areas, Forget-Me-Nots,

and Trillium have appeared, slowly,

holding their own in the slow release

and I appreciate their lengthening the season.


When I look skyward to tree tops

there is such a sign of hope,

a fuzzy green against a blue sky,

leaves soon to appear in full splendour

and this makes me very happy.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. I know you've popped by :)